Senior Ember Developer
Job Title: Senior Ember Developer
Location: Remote, United States
Salary: Annual salary based on experience
Required Knowledge: Ember
About the company
ScreenSteps is Employee Enablement Software that helps customer-facing employees in highly regulated industries follow the right process and give the right answer to their customers, every time, without making mistakes.
People have been writing clear, concise instructions in ScreenSteps for the last 18 years. We evolved from a custom learning solution, to a consumer desktop application, to the cloud platform we are continually improving upon today. When you work at ScreenSteps, you work on software that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of people all over the world.
We are hiring a developer who knows Ember inside and out in order to replace the founders in their role of managing the Ember code base. You will be making decisions on the architecture, development strategies, and testing strategies of three Ember applications. You must be well versed in Ember Octane, component design, testing, and migrating Ember 2 code to Octane.
What kind of environment will you work in?
- ScreenSteps is a bootstrapped company that has been around for 18 years
- The team is entirely remote with no central office
- We are nice to each other
- We are small company that is growing so you have to deal well with change
What code will you be dealing with?
There are three Ember applications. The oldest was originally written in Ember 1 and is now running Ember 3.25. It provides the content and account management interface for customer knowledge bases in ScreenSteps. Many parts of the app have been updated to Octane, though there is still a large amount of pre-Octane code as well.
The other two Ember applications are small, but one of them runs inside of a Chrome extension. Both are running Ember 3.25 or later.
All of the applications are driven by a Rails backend so knowledge of Rails is a plus, but not a requirement.
What makes ScreenSteps a great place to work?
- No egos, no politics
- We are a group of people that want to do great work, but also have time for our families, our interests, and service in our communities
- Operate in an environment of high trust
- Everyone contributes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 7+ years of Ember experience
- Well-versed in Ember Octane, component design, testing, and migrating Ember 2 code to Octane.
- Desire to work with a great team that focuses on creating exceptional work while still having time to spend with our families and loved ones
Responsibilities and expectations
- Develop dependable and maintainable code
- Steer the application architecture decisions
- Review and approve PRs from other more junior Ember developers
- Provide guidance and help implement current testing best practices
- Take product specifications and be able to work with our CSS and Rails developers to translate those specifications into production-ready code
- Make recommendations for further improving our component libraries in order to speed up development
- Keep up to date on current Ember developments and communicate best practices/updates to the team
- Migrate remaining Ember 2 code to Octane as needed
What ScreenSteps Can Offer You
- Competitive salary and flexible work schedule. Unlimited PTO.
- Benefits including health care, dental, vision, and 401k.
- We are a family-run business with a fun, yet professional, work environment that truly cares about its employees and customers.
ScreenSteps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Contact Us to Apply